Amsys, Ltd. Advanced Measurement Systems (AMSYS)
SME, founded in 1989. Current employment: 8 engineers and technicians. Amsys is engaged in development and manufacturing of optical measurement equipment for industrial inspection, monitoring and control, and also of devices and systems for motion control. In addition, Amsys is actively engaged in specialized R&D projects. Amsys has a wide experience in surface inspection in large-area applications with surface features of submicron and nanometer size. In-house expertize: laser interferometry, optical inspection and metrology, high-NA microscopy, ellipsometry, spectroscopy and imaging spectroscopy. In particular, expertize in building automatic high-speed industrial machines for detection and characterization of morphological defects on large-area high-quality surfaces.
Equipped optical laboratory with specialized instrumentation.
Key personnel involved:
System development and design. Ph. D. in physics from Russian Academy of Sciences, Siberian Division. Senior Researcher at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, visiting professor at Aston University (England). Leader of more than 25 front-line scientific research projects in large-field laser writing systems with interferometric control, fiber Bragg grating laser writing systems, optical information processing, nanoscale surface features evaluation, and other fields related to optics, optical communications and nanotechnologies. Has 100 scientific publications and 50 patents.
Managing Director. Project management, system analysis and development of algorithms. Ph. D. in physics from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Research Associate at the University of Pittsburgh and the Weizmann Institute of Science; Senior Physicist at EL-OP; Chief Scientist at Robomatix, DIS, and Assembly Division of Orbotech, Co-founder of Amsys and Beyond3. Has 25 scientific publications and 15 patents.
Relevant projects/ activities:
- EU project LASSAR (Large area sub-wavelength surface analysis and reconstruction), 2001 - 2002
- E!6250 project SILVAC (Silver nanocluster doped thin films for antibacterial coatings, dealing with optical characterization of nanoparticles). 2012 - 2013
- EU project APPOLO (Hub of Application Laboratories for Equipment Assessment in Laser Based Manufacturing), 2013 – 2017. Development, building and installation of Industrial machines for high-speed surface inspection with submicron size defect identification and nanometer height sensitivity.
- Industrial automated machines for surface inspection in display and in data storage industries
- Custom projects dealing with optical monitoring, measurement and inspection in various applications.